[clug] Power 5 machines ready to go

jim jim at amarooas.com.au
Thu Mar 23 12:14:49 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:31:44AM +1100, Robert Edwards wrote:

> Just thought I should let you all know that Steve and I have put in a
> bit of work and that the Power 5 machines contributed by IBM to the
> ANU and for CLUG are now up and ready for community use (at least one
> partition is, anyway).

Robert,

Thats very nice, thanks ;)

What's the etiquette? I am very grateful already, but can we ask for more?
What if we need more packages like cvs, zip, lynx,...just wondering what are
the rules, are there any limits? I am thinking about download and build
openoffice.org but it needs a lot of packages...

thanks again,

jim