[clug] Re:Linux Hardware Database (was USB Wireless in Canberra)

Michael Cohen michael.cohen at netspeed.com.au
Wed Mar 8 05:31:30 GMT 2006

Rodney,
  The wiki idea has been broght up many times before. Personally the mailing list is ideal. poeple can
send small relevant messages and discussion is pretty good most of the time. The list is archived so you
can search for peoples experiences. The cost to contributing is even lower than a wiki, because you dont
have to think how your comment fits within the larger web site structure.

I found the most valuable comments on the list are people asking questions (such as which are the best
wireless cards to get etc) and people freely sharing their experiences with the list. The list provides
its own documentation with a kind of relevance aging (people tend to read more recent messages than
older messages).

Michael.