[clug] Building a database of linux compatible hardware

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Fri Jun 23 00:20:23 GMT 2006

On 23/6/06 9:57 AM, "Robert Edwards" <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:

> My proposal is to have a site devoted to "local" suppliers and
> hardware compatibility - for various definitions of "local", in
> particular Canberra/Southern NSW specific, but maybe Australia-wide.
[snip]

Great! To quote Bob quoting Linus, "Talk is cheap. Show me the code."

Perhaps this could be a component of the "make the move" campaign? After all
it _is_ a factor for people making the move to Linux. It is also something
that other Linux users can use and also contribute to. Just a thought.

On a side note, thank you to everyone who attended CLUG last night. It was
great to hear everyone's opinions and suggestions. As discussed I will
arrange for a "make the move" mailing list so we don't "clog up clug".

Cheers
-c