[clug] Building a database of linux compatible hardware

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Jun 22 21:01:32 GMT 2006

On Friday 23 June 2006 04:23 am, David Tulloh wrote:
> An issue that Bob has raised several times now is the need for a
> database of linux compatible hardware.  I made some comments on a few
> sites out there, I found all of these with a quick search.
For usb devices, you also might like to check:
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/

The problem is that manufacturers often change design (hardware and software),
so that early versions work, and later ones don't (or vice versa) without
changing model numbers or USB ids. So these sites are a guide, and don't
completely remove the risk of getting a non-useable device.

Brad