[CLUG] network card id switching

freegazer freegazer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 07:50:08 GMT 2006

I will soon need to do a bit of work on some dual nic'd machines. I remember
during the recent presentation on diskless booting that there was more than
a little discussion on the problem of nic addresses changing at boot time.
If memory serves right Bob mentioned that he resolved the issue be changing
the default boot sequence for Debian so that the cards would keep the same
"eth" location.
Does anyone know of an article on this? Or perhaps is there a chance sombody
kept reasonable notes?
The systems need to be running RH rather than Debian so I don't know if
exactly the same fix will work but I would like to look into it.

--
by ipxodi (156633) on Tuesday August 23, @07:47AM (#13378220) (
http://slashdot.org/)