[clug] i945 mobo unable to boot SATA

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 13 08:44:01 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 06:34:53PM +1000, Andrew Klemm wrote:
> I actually have the same mainboard, and havent had any problems with
> fedora core 5.  The only mistake I made was to leave a drive attached to
> the ide the first time.  Otherwise no problems booting from sata.

I've a different board, but I've observed a similar behaviour.  After
struggling a bit, I've manage to boot from my sata disks just by
resetting the bios values (the sata disks should show up in the bios as
mapped to IDE0 ) and then leave the IDE0 socket empty. I've managed to
have something on my IDE1, but I think it's impossible to have all
channels SATA + IDE0 + IDE1 taken. In particular, doesn't matter what
you specify in the bios, if the IDE0 channel has a disk plugged in, the
SATA channel will be ignored at boot time.

--
++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++