[clug] How many video cards/screens/audio cards can be run off onebox?

adam adam at alphacomplex.org
Wed Jul 5 11:15:30 GMT 2006

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:

>Antti
>P.S. While we're on the topic, someone suggested GeexBox to me as a media player
>solution, and I'm very impressed with what a 6Mb PXE boot image can achieve. :o)

GeeXboX is pretty nice but it's a bit of a pain to have to either
restart it or telnet in if you add a new share to a windows machine. The
other gripe I have is mplayer's console menu should be replaced with the
menu system they were working on until that particular developer had to
focus on other things.

You might want to check this page
(http://www.c3sl.ufpr.br/multiterminal/index-en.php) on hot seating X11
which might help you get the multiple monitors on different video cards
running.
The sound card trickery could probably be done by just setting the
output device of the video player to the right device node.