[clug] Internal Modems

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 30 03:36:20 GMT 2006

I used Xandros (Version 2) for a while and it had in-built support for
Winmodems, no looking for drivers or configuration; it worked just like,
dare I say, Windows!

I am not sure if the later versions of Xandros retained this useful feature.

ADSL connections are much easier if your user has access.  As a
relatively new Linux user, I can't believe how easy ADSL is with Linux.

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

P: (02) 4472-2274
M: 0418-249-648
E: peter.anderson at ozemail.com.au

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
introduction of a new order of things -- Niccolo Machiavelli, /The
Prince/, ch. 6