[clug] Internal Modems

Rodney Peters rpeters at pcug.org.au
Mon Jan 30 03:14:50 GMT 2006

The Novell variant of SuSE has supported a few internal modems for years.
Yast -> Software & search on modems ought to list the drivers.  OpenSuSE may
not support any because of their objection to partly closed source drivers.

The only ones I've tried are based on the Lucent/Agere 1648(C) "Mars" chip.
ELX are offering a Dynalink.  I've also used Netcomm IN 5699 up to revision
3.  A friend could not get the rev 4 working - but he still has not told me
what chip it has.

Rod