[clug] wanted: simple windows program to downsample .mpg

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Jan 29 04:53:55 GMT 2006

Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> My dad wants to send me files that he records locally (off
> analogue TV) which he wants me to see. Even a short snippet
> of 10min is very large for transfer so I am looking for a
> program that will allow him to convert the *.mpg to any
> other format that is significantly smaller.
[trimmed]

Steven Farlie suggested:

> Perhaps PocketDivx may be suitable, though it is geared towards encoding
> for small devices:
> http://divx.ppccool.com/

and I found it a good option (I tried some of the other mentioned in
this thread). A video quality of '20' reduced the mpg by a factor of
almost 10 and is still reasonably watchable.

Thanks everyone

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
	attach .zip as .dat