[clug] wanted: simple windows program to downsample .mpg

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Jan 28 10:53:22 GMT 2006

My dad wants to send me files that he records locally (off
analogue TV) which he wants me to see. Even a short snippet
of 10min is very large for transfer so I am looking for a
program that will allow him to convert the *.mpg to any
other format that is significantly smaller.

I can install anything necessary on my side (to watch)
but it is important that the conversion program is real
simple to use. I do not care what the format is as long
as it is a significant reduction in size (quality is
rather low to start with).

This is for XP/Home.

TIA

--