[clug] Richard Stallmans presentation

Michael Carden crash at michaelcarden.net
Sun Jan 8 05:41:54 GMT 2006

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 03:29 pm, Michael Still wrote:

> Do others agree? Do you see ways in which people like schools and so
> forth can use this kind of technology?

I think that the ways in which people will take advantage of this technology
are yet to be explored and will be difficult to predict.

One current limitation I can see in relation to having someone (e.g. Google)
host large chunks of contiguous data for free, is that you still need the
means and motivation needed to pipe it all up there. Then again, this bit
gets easier every day.

Anyway, it's exciting stuff and I love watching the advances as they come.

MC