[clug] Compiling fortran

Adrian Blake adrian.blake at ieee.org
Wed Jan 4 10:34:07 GMT 2006

I am trying to compile a Fortran program. In the past it has worked
successfully, that is with Mandrake 10.1 installed. I have upgraded to
2006 and compilation gives this error:

  ./community.compile.sh
ld: crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory

VERSION

g77 --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 3.4.1 (Mandrakelinux 10.1 3.4.1-4mdk)

GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING
or type the command `info -f g77 Copying'.

COMPILE DIRECTIVE
g77 -ffixed-line-length-0 -ff90 -finit-local-zero -ffast-math
-fno-automatic -Wsurprising -W -fno-f2c -ffortran
-bounds-check -O -o  community.cable community.cable.f

Is crtbegin.o part of a normal distribution that has been omitted ??
Is there a problem with g77 ?

Any suggestions.

Adrian

--