[clug] Add. infos to last night's talk

Rainer Klein rklein at tpg.com.au
Fri Feb 24 04:18:22 GMT 2006

In following up to our last night's talk, here are the related product links:

Wikipedia entry:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_Map

Home page of VYM - Vie Your Mind:
	http://www.insilmaril.de/vym/

Home page of Kdissert:
	http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/kdissert/index.html

=======

And for the Desktop Edition of the MoinMoin Wiki -

Home Page:

	http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/DesktopEdition

To download the software (2 MB):
	http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/moin/moin-desktop-1.5.2-1.tbz

To see a list of available Add-Ons, such as:

	Action, Formatter, Filters, Macros, Parsers, Processors,Script & Templates:

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnMacros?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=market&titlesearch=Titles

=====

Here is what I had to do to get it up and running on my Linux Box. - I
installed the software in my home directory, so please adjust your path
according to your own need.

 1. Fetch the software

  # cd ~

  # wget \
http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/moin/moin-desktop-1.5.2-1.zip

  ( This is a direct URL to an Australian mirror - See resource section for
other download options)

 2. Unpack the software

  # unzip $(ls moin-desktop*.zip)

 3. Start the server

  # ~/moin-desktop/moin.py &

 4. Point your browser to the following URL and start using your new Wiki
system

  http://localhost:8080

'''Note:''' If you like to start your Wiki system automatically everytime you
log into your account, check for a file named '.profile' within your home
directory and add the following lines at the end of the file:

# Start the Moin-Desktop service
test -x ~/moin-desktop/moin.py && ~/moin-desktop/moin.py &

Enjoy,

--
Rainer Klein