[clug] Is this a scam?? Does Google *really* "cold call" for jobs?

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at nicta.com.au
Tue Feb 14 22:10:57 GMT 2006

Do you have a gmail account?  Did you ever use it to mail your CV?? ;-)

On 2006 Feb 15, at 8:40 AM, Robert wrote:

> I can't see anyway that someone can benefit by tricking you into
> sending an email to a @google.com email address.
> It shouldn't be possible for that to go to anyone except a google
> employee.
>
> So why not reply to it. If it is a scam, theres no real harm done.
>
> Assuming of course that your interested in working for google :-).
>

> Stephen Jenkin wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I got an email purportedly from a recruiter at Google.  Is this
>> what they
>> *really* do?  (Anyone know this for sure?) The headers look real.
>>
>> cheers
>> steve
>>
>> Snippet of MSG hdr:
>>
>> From: Hala Fauzi <hala at google.com>
>> Subject: Google jobs - worldwide

>> Steve Jenkin, Unix Sys Admin
>> 0412 786 915 (+61 412 786 915)
>> PO Box 48, Kippax ACT 2615, AUSTRALIA
>>
>> sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au http://www.tip.net.au/~sjenkin
>>

> --

Kim Holburn
Security Manager, National ICT Australia Ltd.
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641  F: +61 2 6230 6121 aim://kimholburn
Email: kim.holburn at nicta.com.au  - PGP Public Key on request
callto://kholburn
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961