[clug] Re: linux Digest, Vol 38, Issue 9

Carlo Hamalainen carlo.hamalainen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 23:21:18 GMT 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 08:16:23PM +1100, Christopher Zhang wrote:
> Thanks everyone for your help. Carlo, I used your way to create the
> image, does the image contain my both partitions? My partition
> structure is as follows:
>
> /dev/hda1 => /    10GB
> /dev/gda2 => /home   70GB

It'll recreate that partition structure and also restore the MBR. It
will resize partitions so that they use the same proportion of disk
space but I believe you can manually do it if you like.

Restore is easy - just boot the DVD and type 'nuke'. It's worth doing a
verify too. I almost discovered the hard way that my girlfriend's laptop
can't boot a DVD-RW disc but it's fine with DVD-R.

-- Carlo