[clug] February PSIG

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 9 22:27:28 GMT 2006

Nerdvana - Steve Walsh wrote:
> Hi Cluggers and Perl mongers
>
> Many thanks to those who came along tonight for Tridge's talk, it turned out
> to be one of our best attended PSIGs yet.

Hear, hear! Thanks, tridge, for an excellent dissertation on how you are
going about implementing transactions in tdb - much food for thought!

I would be keen to look further into the issues around coming up with an
appropriate API for NV RAM to allow even greater performance for these
sorts of applications (not that I am all that interested in running lots
of SaMBa instances!).

> Just a gentle reminder that if you do order and get food, please remember to
> pay for it at the counter before leaving. There were a few items on the bill
> that weren't paid for. If you think you did accidently forget to pay, please
> contact Paul Wayper off list on paulway at mabula.net to claim them as yours
> (he was nice enough to be the last one to pay).

That's sad. Thanks for picking up the slack, Paul. I hope all the folk
concerned can fix you up as soon as possible (I'm not one of them!).

> Remember next month is the combined PSIG and Perl Mongers meeting, so feel
> free to shoot me an email if you're interested in giving a talk on something
> perl related.

<bite tongue>I really want to say something about Damien Conway's
keynote talk at LCA2006 (largely on the Perl 6 vapourware), but my
mum always told me that if I don't have anything nice to say, don't
say anything at all (I don't always pay attention to this, mind).
So I won't say anything about that keynote!</bite tongue>

> Regards
>
> Steve.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.