[clug] Asterisk, Dictaphones and OSS breafast talk by Mark Shuttleworth.

Michael Manning michael at michaelmanning.org
Thu Feb 2 23:42:15 GMT 2006

Hi all,
There are a couple of questions all bundled into one here.

>From out blog
<snip>
We are currently on the look out for audio transcription software or similar for
Linux. We have a customer who is in the process of moving to Linux on the
desktop and this is currently a “bump in the road”.

</snip>
more here....
http://blog.agileware.net/index.php/archives/2006/02/02/looking-for-audio-transcription-software-or-similiar-for-linux/

So if anyone has any ideas or knows of some other software that would be great.

We are also seriously considering using Asterisk and VoIP for our phone
systems.

What we are really after is someone who has done this before and would be
willing to meet and talk about the hardware/software setup and any gotchas
which we should be looking out for.

And finally I thought I should say that all those who did/could not attend the
breakfast talk with Mark Shuttleworth really missed out.

This is the second time I have been to a presentation by Mark and he would have
to be one of the most approachable and down to earth guys out there, not to
mention very well versed in FOSS movements and trends.

He is a great inspiration to the community.

You can read more in Justin's blog entry about the talk here...
http://blog.agileware.net/index.php/archives/2006/01/30/mark-shuttleworth-speaks-about-ubuntu/

Cheers

--
Michael Manning