[clug] A most interesting read, most interesting

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Wed Dec 27 06:46:10 GMT 2006

Following on from Randall Cook's post:

I agree with the general thrust of your thoughts; however, I have a
slightly different experience with installing Linux (Ubuntu) on a
Toshiba laptop.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A10 (with a Canon LBP-1210 laser printer --
clearly a gluten for punishment) which is five years old (give or take a
year) and recently I have recently installed Ubuntu Edgy Eft. The actual
install and set-up have worked fine with no problems. The basic install
happens very quickly. However, like your experience there are many
things that need "fine tuning" and that takes time. Unlike you, I am
relatively new to Linux so I keep a diary of all (well most of) the
things I do and that greatly helps new installs.

I have been quite surprised how easy the Toshiba install has gone.

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

E: peter.anderson at internode.on.net
W: http://www.users.on.net/~peter.anderson/
<http://www.users.on.net/%7Epeter.anderson/>
P: +61 (0)2 4472 2274
M: +61 (0)418 249 648

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The
Prince/, ch. 6