[clug] A most interesting read, most interesting

David Howe david at qednet.biz
Tue Dec 26 20:34:10 GMT 2006

Michael Cohen wrote:
> Even in the windows only environment, software patents are devestating for innovation and technology in general - and this needs to be stresses to Legislators - it affect everyone here and now, not just those birded linux geeks who dream of world domination.
>
> michael.

Birded linux geeks? Dreaming of world domination? Are you kidding us,
perhaps hoping for a few bites?

Here's one, I think at last count Microsoft has about 95% of the desktop
market which is pretty close to world domination. It is also a major
consolidation of wealth, with Gates being a direct beneficiary.
Dominating the world with Linux will not benefit people like Gates or
Jobs, however it will benefit most of the rest of us.

david