[clug] A most interesting read, most interesting

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Tue Dec 26 02:15:07 GMT 2006

> On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 12:26:36PM +1100, Chris Smart wrote:
>> "I'd like to say that I knew this would happen, that it's all part of
>> the
>> plan for world domination. But honestly this has all taken me a bit by
>> surprise."
>>
>> "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a
>> completely
>> unintentional side effect."
>
> I never understood this whole world domination thing. What do linux users
> get
> when everyone starts using linux?
[snip]

Well while we might get lots of 'without a clue' users we also get lots of
people who can make Linux better. How much has Linux benefited from have a
user base in the thousands to a user base in the multiple-millions? I'd
say lots. Extrapolate that further..

And a clarification, in my mind the quotes were saying "we just use Linux
cause we like it, and if world domination is the end result, then great,
but it's not what we're aiming for".

:)

-c