[clug] transcoding MythTV files to divx or DVD size

Leo Kliger lkliger at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 13 00:57:05 GMT 2006

<snip>

> I could have been hampered by trying to do it with Debian on AMD64 and
> didn't spend more than a couple of hours on it.  I've become a bit less
> tolerant of stuff that doesn't take more than a small amount of fiddling
> to get working lately.  If it doesn't come with Debian then it's not
> worth installing.  (-:

Getting off the original topic now but I tried out AMD64 and lots of
things didn't work, including win32 apps through wine....

After much gnashing of teeth and many wasted hours I threw out (gave
away actually to another person having similar issues but who is still
determined to keep troubleshooting) the AMD hardware due to a
combination of things not working and hardware problems and went back to
Intel....

I am now running Fedora on "Pentium D" based hardware and life has
slowly returned to normal where my system doesn't just freeze, drop
disks from software RAID and software seems to just work.... like win32
apps on wine....

One has to wonder whether your not getting ProjectX to work had
something to do with AMD64 idiosyncrasies???

Leo