[clug] transcoding MythTV files to divx or DVD size

Leo Kliger lkliger at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 9 22:53:51 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 08:34 +1100, Paul wrote:
> I have a 7Gb HD file which I need to shrink down to at-least 4G or even 600Mb, so I need
> to compress file, and I don't have any Cutlists (AFAIK)...

If you haven't created a cutlist then you probably don't have any....

> Any particular output option more reliable... note my export works for a few other files I
> tested which weren't HD so perhaps something in the stream which is causing encoder to fail.

I only use SD.... so I can't really comment on HD issues....

> Garrg I might if have to try windows utilities...

now what kind of talk is that?

if you're willing to work with your file outside of mythtv itself then
you should have a look at ProjectX.... it will split the video and audio
streams for you while fixing up video stream issues.... you can then use
something like ffmpeg bring the two streams back together while
compressing each to whatever you want....