[clug] Cabling your home and managing your boxen.

Robert (Bob) Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Dec 5 04:25:15 GMT 2006

For what it is worth, I cabled by house about 5 years ago (roughly Cat.
5) and have a small cabling rack in the cupboard under the stairs, which
is where my router/server also lives. Total of 32 outlets in 16 pairs
(8 upstairs, 7 downstairs, one in the shed). I am up to my third
generation of hub/switches now. Wireless also made some of the outlets
less used than previously.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.