[clug] linux-friendly mobile/pda [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Rousak, Boris Boris.Rousak at industry.gov.au
Fri Dec 1 00:25:38 GMT 2006

I have recently had a play with an i-mate jam (02 mini). I found the
phone/pda functionality rather good, although the photo button on the
side got pressed accidentally once too often :) But then I went to
forums.xda-developers.com (I think) and found that for there are a whole
bunch of free linux images available for download for xdas, xda minis,
etc. I didn't get the chance to try them at the time, but it is
definatly on my to-do list.

So if you are after a programming experience and not just a phone
experience it could be worth considering ;)

Needless to say doing this will void any kind of warranty you have

Cheers,
Boris