[clug] MythTV on TransACT

George Bray georgebray at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 08:52:40 GMT 2006

Actually, that was me :)

The D1 people got it sort of working, but they lost interest in
finishing the job.  So it is possible, though I'm not sure if it was a
bash or C++ level effort.

I've never heard of these VDSL cards. TransACT is probably the only
network using VDSL to the CPE, and Marconi has long given up making
the modems.

I haven't worked there for more than a year, but I don't think the
situation on a new STB or PVR has changed.

As for any effort in getting MythTV to acquire multicast channels,
I've got ~40 channels on the Uni Canberra network which might make a
good test bed.  I'd be interested in making this happen, but I'm no
C++ boy.

http://uctv.canberra.edu.au

    geo