[clug] [Wanted] Young eager Linux sysadmin to replace me!

James Ring sjr at jdns.org
Fri Aug 18 05:31:08 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I provide casual Linux support for a couple of companies in Canberra, but I
am pulling up stumps to work for a big company in Sydney. I would really
like to be able to provide these people with a replacement in the short term
until they can make more permanent arrangements.

They both use a pretty standard setup of Debian GNU/Linux, Exim 4, Apache 2,
Samba, LDAP, etc. The role would be making sure that these systems keep
ticking along, answering the phone when something goes wrong (pretty rare,
maybe one or two calls a week), and just being a nice helping hand.

I can introduce you to the people involved and give you some background
about the setups.

This kind of job really suits somebody who's at uni or otherwise has a bit
of free time during the week and who would like a bit of extra pocket money.

If you're interested, just e-mail me off-list or give me a call at work on
6249 9777 or after hours on 0417 656 121.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
James

PS. It was an e-mail much like this a few years ago that allowed me to meet
a lot of interesting people in Canberra and even resulted in a job offer or
two! :)
--
James Ring
Software Engineer