[clug] Printing problem

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Mon Aug 14 00:52:31 GMT 2006

Hi!  As a relative new-comer to Linux I have been held back from
permanently moving from Windows to Linux because I could not get my
Canon LBP-1210 laser printer working under Linux (Ubuntu).  Well, over
last weekend I cracked it (with some help) - my Canon printer *works* in
Ubuntu 6.01.1.  However, I now have a relatively small irritation.  Each
time my computer starts/re-boots printing will not work.  If I run the
following terminal commands it starts.

peter at Sanchos:~$ sudo captstatusui -P LBP1210-CAPT-ver.1.3
Password:
*** captstatusui Socket Error ***
peter at Sanchos:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/ccpd start
Starting Canon Printer Daemon for CUPS: ccpd.
peter at Sanchos:~$ sudo captstatusui -P LBP1210-CAPT-ver.1.3
peter at Sanchos:~$

My question is 'How do I get printing (ccpd, I assume) to be available
automatically?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, if anyone else would like the installation notes for this
printer I would be happy to pass them on.

Regards,
Peter