[clug] WebCT vs. moodle

Stephen Boyd bunyipr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 03:41:36 GMT 2006

Hi,

I suggest you start documenting the deficiencies and measuring some key
performance indicators (so you can draw pretty graphs for the PHBs),
especially things that are getting worse or will be much better if you
move to moodle.

Then develop a detailed business case which covers all the deficiencies
of the current system and three scenarios (at least):
 * Do nothing
 * Upgrade
 * Replace with moodle

See these for ideas re comparisons:
http://www.opensource.nsw.gov.au/resources/tools_and_reports/tco_template
http://www.agimo.gov.au/_sourceit/sourceit/oss

Main thing is to get a really good comparison that can't be shown as
biased towards the FLOSS solution.

Finding someone senior in the uni bureaucracy and/or academia who
supports this would be very valuable.

Stephen.