[clug] python mechanize

Joel Plane joel.plane at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 08:41:12 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to automate the importing of my bank
transactions into my accounting software. I've tried writing a python
script with the 'mechanize' library to log on to Netbank (Commbank) and
download my transaction history. I didn't get far. I got this error when
trying to log in with the script:

    ValueError: unknown POST form encoding type 'mimetype'

When I looked at the HTML source code for the login page I found this:

    <form method="post" .... enctype="mimetype" ... >

huh? okay then.

My question is, does anyone who is familiar with mechanize know how I
can force it to post the form with
enctype=application/x-www-form-urlencoded?

Or, does anyone have any other ideas about how to automate importing of
my bank transactions into my accounting software?

Thanks