[clug] wokstation for processing MRI data

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Wed Aug 2 04:08:10 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Nicolas Cherbuin wrote:

> The guys producing Freesurfer recommend  greater CPU speed and RAM (min 2gig,
> 4gigs recommended) with normal specs for HD drives. Given that with these
> specs the processing of one scan can take 18 hours, I am keen to get more
> than the minimum. I have to process potentially hundreds of scan but at least
> in the tens.

Does this image process parallelise - trivially, can you process the
images independently of each other? If so, you may be better off buying 10
machines at $500 rather than a single machine at $5000. Just a thought.

> Nic

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\