[clug] Softaware installs on tridge.anu.edu.au.

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Mon Apr 24 07:09:28 GMT 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 04:54:30PM +1000, Michael Neuling wrote:
> > For all of you that have setup an account on tridge.anu.edu.au,
> > if there is a software package you'd like installed send an email to
> > me directly (off list).  I'll endeavor to get them done quickly.  If
> > there are problems then I'll let the requestor know.
>
> Where would any phat Linux box be without ccontrol?!?!? :-)
>
> Here's an /etc/apt/sources snippet if you want to install it:
>   deb http://neuling.org/ccontrol/ ./
>
> That machine can compile a pseries_defconfig vmlinux in 3min 21sec.  Not
> too shabby.
>
> BTW I'm getting this whenever perl is started:
>   tridge@~/ % perl < /dev/null
>   perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>   perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
> 	  LANGUAGE = (unset),
> 	  LC_ALL = (unset),
> 	  LANG = "en_AU.UTF-8"
>       are supported and installed on your system.
>   perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
>   tridge@~/ %
>
> Do we need to install localeconf or something?

I do not see it

tridge:~# su - mikey
tridge@~/ % perl < /dev/null
tridge@~/ %

however just in case it fixes it for ssh log in users I added readenv=1 to
the pam.d/ssh pam_env.so line and added LANG="en_AU" to /etc/environment

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
however invincible you imagine yourself to be you are wrong