[clug] How to prevent port forwarding

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sat Apr 22 13:22:34 GMT 2006

Chris;

You can use a rule such as this to reject TTL values that don't match a
certain value from a certain IP;

iptables -A INPUT -s <ip address> -m ttl --ttl-lt <certain value> -j REJECT

but as Martijn has pointed out while I'm writing this, TTL is hardly the
best way to check for mutiple users on one connection.

you can reset the TTL with this iptables rule;

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set <new TTL value>

Note that these examples may need some fancy kernel patches to work.

Steve.