[clug] web based file access

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Apr 20 00:05:13 GMT 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 09:38:19AM +1000, Aaron Kerr wrote:

> CLUGers,
>
> Does anyone know of a simple web server application to provide simple
> read and write file access?
>
> I am trying to give my file server a simple web interface for users
> (i.e. wife and family) to upload, store and retrieve their files. I am
> thinking that a simple HTML+HTTP access to file storage will be easier
> for me in the long run than configuring other clients for network file
> access (NFS, SMB, etc..) each time family or friends bring a new
> laptop/PC to my home network.

Depending on your definition of "simple" horde/gollum will do what you
need.

http://horde.org/
http://www.horde.org/gollem/

If you're realy keen you can instll the various other components and get
email/calendaring/contacts aswell :)

Yours Tony

   linux.conf.au       http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2007.linux.org.au/
   Jan 15-20 2007      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!