clug != clug (was Re: [clug] Unable to write to nfs mounted shares)

Drew Parsons Drew.Parsons at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 19 09:11:19 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 15:30 +1000, Steven Hanley wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 03:24:59PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > I have not objections to moving the list - at least clug.org.au is
> > currently in Australia :-) (no offense to the current hosts of the list
> > who have done a stirling job).
>
> And if we could get our heads around SuSE better it may even happen sooner
> (though currently we still have no security updates to the SuSE image and
> thus are wary of it), Tony, Bob and I will hopefully get the mailman thing
> happeneing there shortly however fixing up the postnuke stuff so it
> announces interesting stuff and letting Tony respond to software requests
> for development work and some other things are a slightly higher priority.
> tpot and the other samba.org admin people have been doing a great job so
> there is no rush with the mailing list stuff.

Since the IBM servers were sort of donated to us as CLUG's little
playground, I think it has a nice resonance to use them to run the
mailing list.

I didn't realise there were in fact already plans to do so. I'm happy to
wait a little longer till we can implement it there, I just didn't want
the bizarre status quo to continue indefinitely.

Kim writes:
> I can't answer that, probably because the samba people have
> graciously donated space, time etc to host us on samba.org .

Yes you're right. While using phrases like "bizarre status quo", I don't
mean to dis our kind sponsors at samba.org, who have been very good to
support us this far.  Thank you samba!

while Stephen writes:
> ok, for some time now linux at clug.org.au has been redirected

I don't have real strong opinions as to which email at clug.org.au we
should switch to, but I guess we should get a consensus before finally
switching it on.  I'm not keen on linux@, I think it's too generic.
Martin's clug-list@ is clear enough as to its purpose, but
canberra-linux-users@ is nice and expressive too.

Should we take a vote?  By email?  At the next meeting?

Drew