[clug] AUUG 2005 conference update

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Sep 29 23:29:07 GMT 2005

If the author "David" is David Purdue, President of AUUG, I believe he
works for Sun Microsystems (owner/vendor of StarOffice). Reminds me of
a Sun presentation that I attended several year ago on the benefits of
an organisation moving completely over to StarOffice. One of the key
presenters (from Sun) gave his entire presentation in M$-PowerPoint!

Clearly some people in AUUG still aren't convinced that Unix (or Linux)
is ready for the desktop (or laptop).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.