[clug] be very afraid

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Sep 26 12:14:53 GMT 2005

Kim Holburn wrote:
> A clean windows core?
>
> Microsoft Windows Is Offically Broken:
> http://www.smartofficenews.com.au/Computing/
> Platforms_And_Applications?article=/Computing/Platforms%20And%
> 20Applications/News/E5T7U6H8

As amusing as this is, I think The Register's take on it was more accurate.
They're just trying the old "we've been bad and now we're good" routine - flay
a few scapegoats, promote a few managers, show everyone a few problems and
then tell everyone you've fixed them.  They'll get away with it in a few
MS-friendly publications, but I imagine the more independent press is going to
keep up the pressure.  I just wish the mainstream media would realise that
it's being manipulated.

Have fun,

Paul