[clug] Government against non-Microsoft

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 26 01:29:15 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm going through the process of declaring something to Australian
Customs. You know what I mean, item X arrives from overseas and you have
to explain yourself.

The form I have to send in was emailed to me from Australian Customs.
The attachment was a Microsoft Word .doc file. So I got a friend to
print it.

Now I have to find out the exchange rate back when I paid the money. So
I go to the Reserve Bank for historical exchange rates. These are
presented as Microsoft Excel files!
http://www.rba.gov.au/Statistics/HistoricalExchangeRates/index.html

If anybody is compiling a list of violations of openness and freedom in
government, please add this to it!

Have fun,
Darren