[clug] Nvidia driver on a Pionerr Laptop

Jade Barton jade.barton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 06:36:11 GMT 2005

I had issues with FC4 and nVidia too.  I got around it by doing the following:

- Turn SELinux OFF during installation (this is the key to my success
and WASN'T on any web-sites at the time)
- Run the binary install file (mine was NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7664-pkg1.run)
- Run the following as root:
# modprobe nvidia
# cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices
# chown root.root /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*

Then change the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file as per the nVidia guide.

Hope that helps,
Jade

On 25/09/05, Paul Clarke <pjclarke at grapevine.net.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just bought a Pioneer Laptop and am having an issue with
> installing the new NVidia drivers.  I am running FC 4.
>
> I have tried a number of installation processes including the one on the
> nvidia site and I have had no success.  If anyone can give me a hand it
> would be great.   I'm happy to take the laptop  anywhere in Canberra to
> get this fixed.
>

> Paul Clarke
> Canberra Australia
>
> Phone 62883552