[clug] Debian partitioner doesn't see partitions

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Thu Sep 22 00:51:56 GMT 2005

I have a second hard drive (hdc) as a slave to a cd/dvd reader with several partitions, on two of them I regularly install Mandrake distros with no problems

Tried to install Debian from a dvd and it only saw hdc and no partitions.

On the other side of the dvd was FC4 so tried installing that and it gave an error message which read,

"The partition table on device hdc was unreadable. To create new partitions it must be initialized...."

How come the Mandrake partitioner sees the partitions and is there anything I can do to allow the Debian/FC partitioners to think the disk is initialized?

TIA

Owen