[clug] bike sig?

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Fri Sep 16 07:33:45 GMT 2005

So inline skates OK rollerblades out eh?

On 2005 Sep 16 at 10:28 AM, Robert Edwards wrote:

> Maybe a [b|tr]ike sig? I guess we should include other forms of human-
> powered vehicles such as skates, scooters etc.? Of course, all such
> vehicles must be non-propriety and open-standards based and we must
> be free to add our own modifications etc. :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob Edwards.
>
> Steven Hanley wrote:
>
>> All
>> So I notice quite a few CLUGgers appear to be keen on riding bikes
>> (by
>> cluggers I mean people on this list)
>> Names that come to mind immmediately include Michael Neuling, Hugh
>> Blemings, Chris Yeoh, Andrew Tridgell, Steve Hanley, Michael Carden.
>> Various other people have been sighted on bikes with increasing
>> regualrity
>> over the past while (Rusty Russell, Michael Still, Tony Breeds,
>> Bob Edwards
>> all come to mind)
>> I propose a bike sig.
>> Modeled on the PubSIG and lca2005 bike ride but with bike riding
>> before a
>> cafe and held on a weekend day during the day. The lca ride was
>> most popular
>> so I think it may catch on to do one of these form time to time.
>> I am out of town this weekend, CLUG is next Thursday, I was
>> thinking maybe
>> Sunday the 25th. Mikal and Bob both suggest early afternoon, so
>> maybe after
>> lunch.
>> Thus I propose When: 14:00 2005-09-25
>> Where: In front of the Department of Computer Science ANU (where
>> CLUG is held)
>> What: Gentle ride around lake burley griffin on the bike path with
>> other
>>       cluggers followed by sitting around and chatting about geeky
>> things
>>       or something at a cafe in civic (we need to sit somewhere
>> where we can
>>       see bikes, I suggest Dobinsons)
>> Why: To ride bikes, talk geek, have fun. Also I am sure Hugh, Michael
>>      Neuling and others would be keen to show off their geek bike
>> setups with gps
>>      and ham radio and other cool shit
>> Why Not: pouring with rain
>> I will be there.
>>     See You
>>         Steve
>>

> --

Kim Holburn
Network and Security Manager, National ICT Australia Ltd.
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641  F: +61 2 6230 6121 aim://kimholburn
Email: kim.holburn at nicta.com.au  - PGP Public Key on request
callto://kholburn
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961