[clug] Happy celebrations!

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Thu Sep 8 11:55:14 GMT 2005

In case you haven't heard, GNOME 2.12 was released yesterday!

Info:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.12/notes/en/ - Release notes
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.12/ - General Information
http://www.gnome.org/~davyd/footware.shtml - "Footware"
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.12/notes/en/rnusers.html - New features

Since Software Freedom Day is on Saturday, and GNOME 2.12 was just released
and more (OpenSuse 10, Ubuntu "Breezy Badger", KDE 3.5 and KDE 4 and whatnot
else) is coming out towards the end of the year, at various intervals, I was
wondering whether anyone is interested in celebrating at the odd event.

I know for SFD a lot is already quite organised, especially here in down
under, but for things such as GNOME 2.12, and other really cool releases I
think we could something nice as well. Perhaps a sort of mini-install fest at
clug evenings, meeting up with interested members at cafes - that sort of
thing. :o)

Anyone interested in having a coffee together sometime, or something along
those lines?

Cheers, and kind regards,
Pascal Klein

PS. Thanks for all the people that replied in relation to work experience. I'm
going to be doing some phone calls, and then passing on relevant information
to the careers teachers. Thanks for that.

--
Cheerio.
Pascal Klein