[clug] Re: SLA5500

dave davico at tpg.com.au
Thu Sep 8 10:45:13 GMT 2005

On the topic of wireless music players, does anyone know of a good
streaming client (ie. player) suitable for embedded use? For example,
is the software that actually runs on these devices free? (the Z400
runs linux AFAIK).

I'm aware of gmediaserver and daapd for the serving part.

I recently added usb-audio support to openwrt, and am currenlty playing
music with mpd (www.musicpd.org) running on my asus router (think wrt54g
with usb ports, to which I have connected a $20 usb-key soundcard).
The music is sitting on an nfs share that the router mounts. The router
handles mp3, ogg and flac nicely.

I'd prefer a solution where the music is streamed so I can subscribe
multiple pc's (or routers) to the same stream to have synchronised music
playing around the house. Does such a lightweight client exist? can you
even do this with multiple Z400/SLA5500's ??.

Thanks,
Dave