[clug] What to say about CLUG

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Thu Sep 8 09:39:01 GMT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 06:32:22PM +1000, Steven Hanley wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 02:35:16PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 09:00:24PM +1000, Michael Carden wrote:
> > > On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:45 am, Andrew Pollock wrote:
[SNIP]
> > > 2.    How long has CLUG been running? Where?
> >
> > No idea on the "how long" part.
>
> I am pretty sure Tridge, SFR, Paulus, etc started congregating up sometime
> around 1992, though one of them may be along any second now to correct me.
>
> As for where since this building (CIST) was built it has been here, again as
> that was around 1994 it was opened I think the others may be able to provide
> the location (probably where DCS used to be on campus) it was before then.

[SNIP]

I started going to CLUG meetings in 1993, after David Bell gave me my first
Linux distro (on 5.25" floppies: MCC Linux 0.99 pl 10+). The meetings then were
in a large lecture theatre somewhere - you had to eat your potato chips out in
the foyer. No pizza then - that was reserved for the Christmas meeting.

Cheers ... Duncan.