[clug] What to say about CLUG

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu Sep 8 08:32:22 GMT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 02:35:16PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 09:00:24PM +1000, Michael Carden wrote:
> > On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:45 am, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone have any thoughts on what we should say for ourselves?
> >

> > Um... I think that there's a great deal to be said if anyone is willing to
> > step up and say it.
> >
> > <soapbox:view="one eyed">
> >

> thanks very much for giving me some material, I appreciate it.
>
> I'm apparently locked in for a phone interview next week. Questions may
> include:
>
> > As an example here are some questions I would like to ask.
> > 1.    Who you are, any interests, position at CLUG?and anything else
> > you would like to reveal about yourself.
>
> I can handle this one pretty well.
>
> > 2.    How long has CLUG been running? Where?
>
> No idea on the "how long" part.

I am pretty sure Tridge, SFR, Paulus, etc started congregating up sometime
around 1992, though one of them may be along any second now to correct me.

As for where since this building (CIST) was built it has been here, again as
that was around 1994 it was opened I think the others may be able to provide
the location (probably where DCS used to be on campus) it was before then.

> > 7.    Can I order anchovies on my pizza if I come to a meeting?
>
> Pfft. If you really want.

Well they could try, I would be hard pressed to say that in an order though,
it was unusual enough asking for a marguareta or whateve rit is once about
two years ago.

> > 8.    How did your Software Freedom Day event go?
>
> Do what?

We dont tend to do those, it requires a fair bit of efforet even to do
install fests, thus special events require work, often people are somewhat
busy doing other things to add more such things to their plate.

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
our culture is just a roughneck teenage jerk