[UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [clug] Linux version of M$ Publisher

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Sat Sep 3 08:25:24 GMT 2005

At 11:07 AM 2/09/2005, you wrote:
>Scribus does not support importing Microsoft Publisher documents. There
>are no current plans to add support for it.

Actually, I think the only program that supports Microsoft Publisher
documents is Microsoft Publisher.  If you can export from Publisher to RTF,
then that'd work, but I think Publisher is even worse for file format
lock-in than Word.

>You may be able to import an approximation of the document by following
>this process:
>
>     * Open your document in Publisher
>     * Go to menu Edit --> Select All (Ctrl+A)
>     * Go to menu Edit --> Copy (Ctrl+C)

Paste into OpenOffice running on the same machine.  Skip the Word step
entirely.

HTH,

Paul

SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c)1998-2004 PJW