[clug] October Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Ben shadroth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 01:42:33 GMT 2005

>From memory they were: "i-glasses", but I'm not sure which model.
The manufacturer's website is http://www.i-glasses.com

I was trying to find out about using them for auto-stereo, and the
refresh rates given were confusing. The manufacturer's site says
Flicker-free 100Hz, for all SVGA models. Some of the resellers list
the refresh as 60-120Hz, depending on the model.

I've emailed them to try and find out what the precise specs are, and
if there's any easy way to combine two units and get a non alternating
100Hz/eye sterescopic image if it's fed from two VGA cards.

The site lists Australian distributors, but they aus sites don't have
a lot of info on alternative brands.

Inition (http://www.inition.co.uk)has some details on the i-glasses
and a host of other 3D & VR gear, including the Kaiser military stuff
(USD$133K or $POA...) and the Actuality volumetric displays for
USD$80K

Ben