[UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [clug] Computer buildfest idea

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Oct 27 07:10:38 GMT 2005

Agreed, the govt. charges $10 per "computer box" and $15 per
monitor for disposal (some private recycling firms will take
boxes but not monitors for free).

BTW, as someone involved with a community group I have set minimum
standards for what we will accept; there's not point in accepting
486's when we can't afford to pay $25 each to dispose of them.

Beware of geeks bearing gifts? ;-p

I think that "you bring it, you take it" is fair for unclaimed
loot (as someone who has done more than one round trip to CLUG
with un-appreciated treasures from their garage).

Antti