[clug] Residential VOIP discussion, was Skype on Ubuntu

Arafangion arafangion at fussycoder.id.au
Wed Oct 5 23:09:31 GMT 2005

Ok, I assume that he is using Powered ethernet, where extra power is put onto
the ethernet cable itself.

This requires a different network switch, and it is likely that _this_ is
plugged into the power via a regular power cable. Don't need to mess around
with fuse boxes for that.

This does mean, however, that telephones only need one cable - but they still
don't work in a power outage.

--
Arafangion -- The Star King of the Grape Trees.