[clug] LDAP over SSL/TLS not working

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Mon Oct 3 01:04:40 GMT 2005

On 2005 Oct 03 at 12:20 AM, Jade Barton wrote:
> As a side note I did try following the instructions on the OpenLDAP
> web-site for creating my own CA, signing my own cert and implementing
> it into LDAP (also not required according to the O'Reilly book, now in
> the bin) but this also failed.  If anyone has got this to work I would
> be interested to hear about it.

Yeah but I have never used instructions from the OpenLDAP website.  I
wrote my own very basic scripts.  You would only want to create your
own CA if you needed several certificates and you had several people
who needed to access them.  For your own use, self-signed
certificates are fine.  There is a GUI for doing this buried in the
latest MacOS X somewhere so maybe an OSS one will turn up sooner or
later.

Kim
--
Kim Holburn
Network and Security Manager, National ICT Australia Ltd.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961